Saturday, July 2, 2011

167 Days

167 Days...23 Weeks...5 1/2 months...
God has a plan for me. A beautiful, wonderful, amazing plan. One year ago I signed up to become a Tastefully Simple consultant. I have no idea why I was possessed to sign up; I'm not outgoing, I don't like talking to people I don't know (just because I'm scared) and Ive never had a job other than at the daycare. But I just felt like I had to, so I did. It was scary, thrilling, and awesome all at the same time. I learned so much from it, it made me step out of my comfort zone. Now, one year later I am so much more outgoing and I love to talk to new people. Its amazing to look back and be able to see how God has worked in your life. Going from "Why am I doing this??" to "Ooooh that's why you wanted me to do that, God" This past year has been an amazing journey. But this journey is not over. Its like God is saying "Good Stephanie, now for the next step!" God is calling me, I am following. In May I applied for a short term volunteer position. Just one week ago I received word that I was accepted to work at the Amani baby Cottage in Jinja, Uganda. I am so excited! I know that the Lord will work in me before, during, and after I go. I have 167 days before I go but I'm sure this will go by fast. There is so much to do before I go! I know that God will be with me through it all and that with Him all things are possible!

3 comments:

  1. "You can do all things through Christ Jesus who gives you strength!" I am so proud of you sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks mom for commenting under my own name....lol

    ReplyDelete